Los Angeles, CA., June 27, 2022 – The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF), a unique nonprofit organization dedicated to helping communities and enriching lives, on June 1, 2022, launched their new Global Membership program to insurance professionals in the US and worldwide. The IICF Global Membership program represents an opportunity for individuals working in insurance to amplify their efforts to advance social good through IICF. For the first time, those who are passionate about giving back in their communities and forward-thinking about their careers have the unique opportunity to engage on an individual basis with the foundation that serves to unite the insurance industry in philanthropy and leadership.
Membership is open to all industry professionals currently working in insurance or supporting businesses, retired industry professionals who wish to remain active, as well as to interns and apprentices working in insurance or related fields.
“IICF Global Membership offers any industry colleague an alternative means of engaging with the Foundation, irrespective of their employer’s involvement or stage in their career,” said Hank Watkins, President and Regional Director, Americas, Lloyd’s and Chair, IICF International Board of Governors. “An industry dedicated to assisting policyholders in their time of need is much more than that and now, through IICF Global Membership, we’re providing everyone with an opportunity to expand their outreach beyond the scope of an insurance claim. You bring the commitment to helping others and we’ll provide the volunteer and philanthropic initiatives our board members and IICF staff have launched in your neighborhood. We’re excited to share the unique networking and leadership development opportunities available through IICF Global Membership, in the process doing our part to develop the industry leaders of tomorrow.”
Those wishing to join the membership can select from three tiers of benefits:
- Global Member: For $100 a year, members have access to philanthropic opportunities, a nonprofit directory resource, professional development programming such as IICF’s new quarterly Insight Series and monthly virtual mentoring Coffee Chats, and networking with exclusive access to industry leaders.
- Executive Member: For $250 a year members enjoy all Global Member benefits, plus the opportunity to be featured in exclusive professional development sessions, access as an Executive Member on the Membership portal and the ability to give one complimentary IICF Membership annually to a friend, colleague, employee or anyone they designate.
- Founding Circle Member: For $1,000 the first year and then $250 each consecutive year, this esteemed group has access to all Global Membership benefits, recognition as a Founding Circle Member, an exclusive Founding Circle Member badge for LinkedIn or a company website, prominent placement on the IICF Membership hub, opportunities to contribute to Insight Series programming and the ability to gift up to three Global Memberships in the launch year.
In addition to these benefits, members will have opportunities to connect with like-minded socially conscious insurance professionals, including peer-level to executive leadership, across the globe through the IICF Membership Directory, and will have access to educational content such as whitepapers and impact reports through the Member Resource Library. Additionally, members can connect through exclusive volunteer and professional development events including:
- July 8: The Importance of Philanthropy in Building your Career Coffee Chat featuring Hank Watkins, Regional Director and President, Americas, Lloyd’s and Chair, IICF International Board of Governors
- August 4: Insurance, Society and Giving Back Insight Series featuring Brian Duperreault, Former CEO, AIG
- August 18: Cards & Coffee with Covenant House – a new volunteer opportunity to provide encouragement and connection with at-risk teens
- August 25: How to Caffeinate your Career Coffee Chat featuring Carmen Duarte, Vice President Diversity, Inclusion & Social Impact, Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions
“We are excited to launch IICF Global Membership as a natural extension of our nearly thirty-year history convening the insurance industry in volunteerism, awarding community grants and leadership initiatives,” said Melissa-Anne Duncan, IICF Western Division Executive Director and head of IICF Global Membership. “We’ve long heard from individuals working in the industry who would like to give back and be involved more directly through IICF. With the support of global industry leaders and valuable feedback from the Founding Circle members, we are confident the benefits and programming we’re offering will fulfill unique networking, professional development and community engagement interests of today’s insurance professionals.” To learn more about the Global Membership Program and how to join, give back and enjoy unique professional development and networking opportunities, please contact Melissa-Anne Duncan at [email protected] Registration and more information, including an informative video, can be found here: https://membership.iicf.org/
About the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF)
The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF) is a unique nonprofit that unites the collective strengths of the insurance industry to help communities and enrich lives through grants, volunteer service and leadership. Established in 1994, IICF has served as the philanthropic foundation of the insurance industry for more than twenty-five years, contributing $42 million in community grants along with 300,000 volunteer hours by more than 110,000 industry professionals. IICF reinvests locally where funds are raised, serving hundreds of charities and nonprofit organizations, for maximum community impact. IICF is a registered nonprofit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code. Learn more at www.iicf.org or follow us on social media: @doubleicf.
Interested in Market?
Get automatic alerts for this topic.