Beal Named Leader of Nationwide National Partners team
Nationwide has named Tony Beal as the new leader of the Nationwide National Partners team, responsible for managing key P&C distribution partner relationships.
Beal’s background is in national distribution management and underwriting. Before joining Nationwide, Beal was a senior vice president and P&C market relationship leader at Wells Fargo. Prior to Wells Fargo, he held several positions at Travelers, including regional director of field management.
Acrisure Announces Expanded Insurance Leadership Team
Acrisure has announced eight new members of its insurance leadership team. Seven of the new members held senior roles within an Acrisure Agency Partner.
The updated Acrisure Insurance Leadership team includes:
- Matthew Kirk, president, North America, retail – Kirk joined Acrisure in 2022 from The Hartford and has an expanded role focused on organic growth, a total client offering, sales acceleration and talent development infrastructure.
- Andy Schutt, head of global insurance operations – A former partner, Schutt is focused on leading the operational infrastructure, management and financial reporting associated with Acrisure’s Insurance division.
- Bob Arowood, president, North America, P&C wholesale – Arowood joined Acrisure earlier in the year via its acquisition of Appalachian Underwriters, where he serves as CEO. In this position, he leads Acrisure’s wholesale effort in North America.
- Steve Brown, head of private risk advisors – Brown joined Acrisure via its acquisition of Hoffman Brown in late 2021. In this role, he leads Acrisure’s strategy and planning in the high net worth segment.
- Jason Howard, president, international – Howard is responsible for Acrisure’s growing international business in the U.K., Canada, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Brazil and Bermuda. He joined Acrisure via its acquisition of Beach & Associates, now Acrisure Re.
- Seth Denson, head of employee benefits – Denson joined Acrisure in 2019 via its acquisition of GDP Advisors. He is well-known for his perspectives on healthcare.
- Mike Natalizio, Head of Partner Engagement and Transformation – Natalizio joined Acrisure as the CEO of HNI Risk Services, acquired by Acrisure in 2019
WSIA Diversity Foundation Board welcomes new members
The Wholesale and Specialty Insurance Association (WSIA) Diversity Foundation Board has added eight new members. The board now includes 13 industry professionals passionate about DE&I work and its importance to WSIA member firms.
New WSIA Diversity Foundation board members include:
- Carey Bond, Head of U.S. Claims, Lloyd’s, Atlanta, Georgia
- Tony Chimera, Chief Talent Officer, Westfield Specialty, Alpharetta, Georgia
- Thurston (TJ) Davis Jr., Associate Broker, RT Specialty, Birmingham, Alabama
- Gerald Dupre, Sr. Vice President, Head of Excess and Surplus Lines, Core Specialty, Atlanta, Georgia
- Duffy Koller, President, Paragon Insurance Group, Chicago, Illinois
- Phillip McCrorie, CEO, RSUI, Atlanta, Georgia
- Jacque Schaendorf, President & CEO, Insurance House, Atlanta, Georgia
- Molly Shah, Deputy General Counsel, Amwins, Charlotte, North Carolina
These new board members join Carlton Maner, AXIS; Brenda (Ballard) Austenfeld, RT Specialty; Emma Garner, CRC Group; Janet Jordan-Foster, AXIS; and Terrance Meade, Amwins Group who have served on the board since its inception in 2021. The WSIA is based in Kansas City, Missouri.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Interested in Diversity?
Get automatic alerts for this topic.